The Environmental Research Institute of the States (ERIS) is a 501(c)3 education and research nonprofit that supports the Environmental Council of the States.
The purposes of ERIS are:
- To improve the environment of the United States; and
- To further the understanding of the roles and activities of the states in the federal system with respect to environmental protection; and
- To conduct environmental policy research including the dissemination of results through publications, meetings, electronic media, and similar venues; and
- To act as a forum where state environmental policy makers interact with other environmental stakeholders regarding environmental policy in the United States; and
- To provide education programs to assist in the development of environmental policy in the United States; and
- To operate the Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council, which shall create a national coalition focused on developing tools and strategies to reduce interstate barriers to the deployment of innovative environmental technologies; and
- For any other lawful purpose consistent with the provisions of the articles of incorporation.
ERIS Five-Year Strategic Plan
To implement these purposes, ERIS developed the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan.
ERIS Board Members
- David Paylor, President
- Bob King, Vice President
- Vacant, Secretary-Treasurer
- Chuck Brown, Board Member
- Jess Byrne, Board Member
- Aaron Keatley, Board Member
- Mike Linder, Board Member
- Martha Rudolph, Board Member
- Scott Thompson, Board Member
- Carolyn Hanson, Deputy Executive Director
- Sarah Grace Longsworth, Project Manager