The Environmental Research Institute of the States (ERIS) is a 501(c)3 education and research nonprofit that supports the Environmental Council of the States.
The purposes of ERIS are:
- To improve the environment of the United States; and
- To further the understanding of the roles and activities of the states in the federal system with respect to environmental protection; and
- To conduct environmental policy research including the dissemination of results through publications, meetings, electronic media, and similar venues; and
- To act as a forum where state environmental policy makers interact with other environmental stakeholders regarding environmental policy in the United States; and
- To provide education programs to assist in the development of environmental policy in the United States; and
- To operate the Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council, which shall create a national coalition focused on developing tools and strategies to reduce interstate barriers to the deployment of innovative environmental technologies; and
- For any other lawful purpose consistent with the provisions of the articles of incorporation.
ERIS Five-Year Strategic Plan
To implement these purposes, ERIS developed the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan.
ERIS Board Members
David Paylor, President
Bob King, Vice President
Bill Holman, Secretary-Treasurer
Chuck Brown, Board Member
Aaron Keatley, Board Member
Catherine McCabe, Board Member
Martha Rudolph, Board Member
Scott Thompson, Board Member
Carolyn Hanson, Deputy Executive Director
Sarah Grace Longsworth, Project Manager